By Wendy Martin
An intriguing new reference paintings that illuminates the ideals, customs, occasions, fabric tradition, and associations that made up Emily Dickinson's global, giving clients a look at either Dickinson's existence and instances and the social background of the USA within the nineteenth century.
• presents greater than two hundred alphabetically prepared entries, masking such topics as structure; gown; schooling and highbrow existence; newspapers; marriage; relatives (including Dickinson's own); food and drinks; associates; crops and animals; non secular practices; philosophies; conflict; the various symbols and subject matters present in Dickinson's poetry; and different elements of Dickinson's era
• offers a chronology from 1801 to 1945 directory milestones in Emily Dickinson's lifestyles, her guides, in addition to major occasions of the nineteenth century
• deals listings of prompt books, on-line assets, and videos
• provides illustrations and photographs that upload to the knowledge of Dickinson's studies and the area round her
Read or Download All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World PDF
Best encyclopaedias books
During this two-volume set, a sequence of specialist members examine what it skill to be a boy starting to be up in North the United States, with entries masking every little thing from toys and video games, family and friends, and mental and social improvement. • 166 entries on particular points of boyhood existence in North the USA this present day, starting from boy-centered toys, video games, and media to problems with masculinity and complicated notions of manhood• professional individuals from various educational disciplines, offering perception right into a diversity of concerns regarding the lives of North American boys• Bibliographic listings of works pointed out and extra examining in print and on-line• A entire index
By way of crime, fact is usually stranger than fiction. a few of the instances that experience stumped investigators are one of the strangest on list. This identify offers mysteries that experience remained unsolved regardless of years of research by way of certified legislations enforcement agents.
Your top instrument for development fluent writersMake your classroom's writing time really matter, with clever and compelling texts designed to augment the guideline you are already supplying. even if you train 4th grade, twelfth, or whatever in among, you will foster genuine writing on a daily basis, development fluency and instructing scholars to jot down for a number of purposes—top priorities within the universal center.
From the Founding Fathers throughout the current, Christianity has exercised robust impact within the United States—from its function in shaping politics and social associations to its hand in inspiring artwork and tradition. The Encyclopedia of Christianity within the usa outlines the myriad roles Christianity has performed and keeps to play.
- Broadway: An Encyclopedia
- The Spanish Empire: A Historical Encyclopedia [2 volumes]: A Historical Encyclopedia (Empires of the World)
- The Presidency A to Z
- The Illustrated Encyclopedia of World History
- Encyclopedia of Hurricanes, Typhoons, and Cyclones (Facts on File Science Library)
Extra resources for All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World
All Things Dickinson: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World [2 volumes]: An Encyclopedia of Emily Dickinson's World by Wendy Martin